Our tours are split into 2 different categories
- Tours dedicated to a specific breed – where the tour covers Shows, Sales, National Shows. Farm visits are agreed with your Society to ensure we are visiting farms with stock that the group wishes to see. Our close connections to the French Limousin, Charolais and Salers Cattle Societies ensure that the farms we visit are the very best and English speaking society Technicians escort us on every visit.
- Tours organized for Farming organizations – such as Brecon and Radnor NFU and Grassland Society Groups etc. – these are not breed specific but cover a wide range of Farm visits and other situations of particular interest
Whatever your groups interest are we can tailor your tour to suit your exact requirements – here are some of the locations we have toured in the past
- Limoges and the Limousins
- Bordeaux – Cognac and Limousins
- Reims – Paris - Fontainebleau and the Charolais Experience
- Salers – The Cantal – Salers Village - Bonett Salers and amazing mountain farms with the best of the breed – milking on the mountain and what fabulous cheese.
- Paris – The Palaces and gardens – Fontainebleau and the vineyards in the Loire Valley and of course the heart of Charolais country
Estonia and the Baltic States
- A fantastic experience to understand how this lovely nation Estonia survived so much oppression and now has a thriving independent agriculture. Estonia was only liberated just over 30 years ago – it is fascinating to see farming independence with so much of the old regime still evident
- Finland and other Baltic states – Our Partners Pro Fedex in Talinn Estonia will organise some Great visits to other Baltic states to experience more of the farming development in these Eastern European Countries
Andorra and Spain
- Start in Toulouse and visit the Airbus factory and then travel south to explore Lourdes in Andorra but then we descend into Northern Spain for a truly memorable experience – the farms, vineyards and other agri-industrial visits are first class but the accommodation in the Spanish Parador Hotels is an experience that you just cannot miss – Stay in a centuries old castle or monastery beautifully refurbished to retain all the atmosphere of the age in which they were built but with all the modern conveniences of a quality hotel – This Tour is one you cannot miss
Switzerland and the French Alsace region
- Another amazing tour – definitely one of our top tours – we experience the fabulous Interlaken region in Switzerland – going up to join James Bond on top of the Schilthorn for lunch and a breath-taking experience at 10,000 feet – visiting some of the beautiful dairy and cheese farms in the mountains and joining our hosts for traditional Swiss suppers – but after an amazing visit to the Hienerger shearing equipment factory on the Swiss Border we venture into the French Alsace region to experience some truly great Charolais, Salers and Limousin Farms and experience the Alsace vineyards – on one evening we guarantee a great experience when our visit to our chosen vineyard turns into a party !!!
The Sommet DE Elavarge Show
- Set in Clermont-Ferrand the Sommet is one of Europe’s most important agricultural events especially for the Livestock Breeder – every year the show allows one of the Principal Cattle Breeds to hold its National Show at the Sommet – and this becomes an important event for the dedicated followers of any specific breed – within the 3 days at the show you have a multitude of farm and agri-industrial visits on each morning – along with the International Reception, the International lounge with refreshments throughout the day and our final night dinner with your chosen breed society – the tour is a truly cosmopolitan farming experience with fantastic stock and equally fantastic hospitality. Watch the Sommet Video
Czech Republic and Poland
- Our tour starts in the lovely city of Prague and our farming experiences are planned to break up the journey to Brno and then on to Krakow in Poland. We have some great farms, Agricultural Universities and Agri-Industrial Sites including the Zetor Tractor Factory in Brno. Our tour will also include visits to Auschwitz, the Polish Salt Mines and The Schindler Factory Museum. All our hotels are 4 star with Spa facilities and we have worked with the Czech and Polish Agricultural Departments to ensure quality farming visits.
Ireland and the Tullamore Show
- A Quality Farm Tour originally organised for our Estonian partners and their Limousin Breeders – The Tullamore Show – one of Irelands most successful one-day shows – the Irish National Stud visit – quality Limousin Farms to visit and of course the final 2 nights in Dublin – The Guinness Experience, Jameson’s Distillery, Irish linen, a traditional Irish Supper in an Irish Music Bar – perfect to experience this amazing country
Paris Agricultural Show
- We think that everyone should visit Paris in March and experience the Paris Agricultural Show – stay in quality 3 – 4 star hotels within walking distance of the show – and then enjoy a few days – because you will never see it all in one or 2 days – everything from cattle, sheep, pigs, goats, poultry, Equine, machinery, food, drink clothing – the list goes on and on – We also introduce you to our contacts in the various cattle societies. Of course, in true French style the hospitality is great – use the international lounge for rest and refreshment and on your last evening we take you on a river cruise and supper on the River Seine
Isle of Man
- Now this was something different – Just 5 days on the Island – 4 great farm visits the first using the local small gage railway – We took the cable cars to the top of Snaefell and enjoyed the night life in Douglas
Edinburgh and the Borders
- Another of our favourite tours – 5 nights in a top Edinburgh Hotel – 4 of the most interesting farm visits that you can imagine – a guided tour of the city and a day on the Royal Yacht Britannia – but the highlight must be the last night dinner – a traditional Scottish cèilidh evening – your Haggis is piped in and after dinner the music and dancing begins – I am still trying to persuade some of the farmers on the last tour to allow me to release the videos of the dancing – you see we were rather short of female company but so far I have been banned from production – nothing to worry about just absolutely hilarious
Middle England Centered on Warwick
- Just a 4 day visit to the Midlands but 2 great farm visits – Warwick Castle and the Coventry Transport museum made our short autumn break really interesting.
The Breed Societies
Charloais National Show and The Championships at Moulins
- Visit the Charolais Centre in Agropôle du Marault, Magny-Cours – the Sales, Shows and fabulous farm visits in the heart of Charolais Country
- The National Championships at Moulins in December – another quality tour with the best of the Charolais Pedigree Breed and yet again some great Charolais farms to visit
Limousin National Show and the Limousin Bull Selection Centre at Lanaud
- Including 8 Bull Sales per year – from the best of the French selection
- Visit the Limousin AI Centre
- Plus, a host of Quality Farm Visits
Salers National Show and a dream visit into the Cantal Mountains
- Salers – The Cantal – Salers Village - Bonett Salers and amazing mountain farms with the best of the breed – milking on the mountain and what fabulous cheese – a truly memorable experience in the most amazing mountain country
- The "Fête de l'Estive" in Allanche - Celebrated in May every year this is an event not to be missed - a short break to join the French Salers Breeders in the Allanche region when they take their cattle up into the mountains for the summer months – and a celebration of great food and wine follows. Assisted by the French Salers Society we will also arrange some great farm visits to quality breeders – during the 2019 Salers Tour we visited this region and it is truly spectacular – ideal to shake off the hard work you have endured in the winter and early spring